The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Short Term Trading

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/this-past-hour-or-two-seemed-much-more-like-15256470.aspx

Subject:  Re: SONS Date:  6/26/2001  2:42 PM
Author:  EddieGorniak Number:  5966 of 36748

This past hour or two seemed much more like gambling than investing. And I was going to raise my stops again when SONS hit 21.90. But I was too slow. And when the board modertor that gave out the pick returned from lunch, he just kept telling everyone to sell at 21.20 or higher. Take the sure money and run. That's what they do over there. They buy and often sell within a minute. But these are new afternoon picks. And this was originally supposed to be an over night position. But in my years of gambling I've learned I should always give my winnings or profits a chance to keep growing. In any other gambling I'm good at limiting my losses. But with stocks that has been my biggest weakness. I'll have to get faster at raising those stops while the stock is rising. This way I will lock in more of the profits. I must repeat this felt more like just gambling then investing.
Eddie G
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us