The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Short Term Trading

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-all-the-advice-and-thanks-for-the-two-15257326.aspx

Subject:  Re: SONS Date:  6/26/2001  4:18 PM
Author:  EddieGorniak Number:  6020 of 36748

Thanks for all the advice. And thanks for the two sites. I'll have to check them out. I told a little about myself in a different thread. This way those that are only interested in stocks won't have to waste any time reading about me.

I can take a fair amount or risk. A few years ago I sometimes had almost everything in as little 2 or 3 stock or option positions. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging. But I did build up a fairly small bankroll into over 10 times it's original size. But I used stock and options. And it did take almost 2 years. And I would sometimes have over half or more in one position. But then I changed my style. I started listening to all the stuff I was reading and hearing from the experts. Stuff like diversifying. And buying & holding long term. Before that I did hold some stocks like dell, AOL, EBAY and others over a year or two. But I would sometimes switch out of a stock or option position in a week or less.

And I hope none of your ever hestitate to criticize, or offer opinions or advice on any of my trades. I have been listing the positions I've been taking, the prices, and what I think are support & resistance levels. And I'm finally starting to use some stops. But on some positions I will never use a stop. Thanks again for all the good advice & helpful sites & books. Now I just have to learn to use everything better.

Eddie G
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us