The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Great Movies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-favorite-movie-lines-15276455.aspx

Subject:  My Favorite Movie Lines Date:  6/29/2001  1:57 AM
Author:  Spyneyes Number:  9008 of 63055

Some of my Favorite Lines from movies ...

Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life trying to get over. – Sandra Bullock, “Hope Floats.”

My idea has always been that if we could bring the mothers of the various nations together then there would be no more war. -- Ruth Wilcox, "Howard's End"

The court doesn't exist to get em' justice. It exists to give em' a chance at justice. -- Paul Newman, “The Verdict.”

Somebody's kidnapped justice and hid it in the law. – Hal Holbrook from movie with Michael Douglas

There is a justice higher than that of man. I will be judged by him. – Stephen King's "Misery"

I fully support gun control. When there's a gun around, I want control.
-- Clint Eastwood, "Pink Cadillac"

Life is God given, it is sacred. We must have control over how or when we take it away. -- Crocker Jarmon (Robert Redford), Republican Senator from California, "The Candidate"

I get around as nature intended, in a car. – Kate, "French Kiss"

That's it! The reports are in! Life is officially unfair! – Iago, "Return of Jafar"

You cannot conquer injustice with more injustice; only with justice and the help of God. -- Reverand Griffith (Walter Pidgeon), "How Green Was My Valley"

We all accept the reality of the world we're presented. – Ed Harris “The Truman Story"

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. – Kaiser Solsay, “The Usual Suspects.”

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -- General George Patton Movie (1885-1945)

Experience is a brutal teacher – C.S. Lewis, “Shadowlands”

It only costs 100% more to go first class. -- Sean Connery, "Family Affair" with Dustin Hoffman and Matthew Broderick

A million dollars worth of promise worth two-cents on delivery. -- Bang the Drum Slowly.”

Hitch your wagon to a star sweetheart. I've lived my life by that. Robert Duvall, HBO Movie “The Stars Fell on Henrietta”

All I wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work – "Sgt. Bilko"
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us