The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/fingfooli-have-been-ticked-of-with-having-to-15309922.aspx

Subject:  Re: SS Taxation And Inflation Date:  7/5/2001  1:12 PM
Author:  momule Number:  7046 of 19362

Fingfool:...I have been ticked of with having to pay taxes on SS since my husband retired and I was still working...what a shock....I had to claim 0 single and still pay each year and I didn't make a ton of money....well I thought when I retired it would get better...it did!!!
I have to be really careful what I draw out of ira's so that I am not eaten up with state and federal taxes.....and trying to keep below the 44000$ is really hard to do and then guess, what the state and fed are going to take out of it....my costs this year, (car insur,Real estate ins, gas, groceries, local tax, state tax, property tax, is costing me about 350$ more per month)...so no trips, not much disposable income left...and I have found I am gonna get hit with more R.E. tax again next year.....and so what if my 1973 $25k house is worth 125k now...where am I gonna move?....I try to keep myself in the 15% bracket, but it is getting more difficult and I need to go over the 44k to break even!

SO YES I AM SICK OF IT!!!!!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us