The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Arts, Travel & Entertainment / Best Travel Spots/Tips

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-think-youre-right-on-the-costs-i-just-budgeted-15315790.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Zealand Date:  7/6/2001  11:01 AM
Author:  tonyw44 Number:  1838 of 23377

I think you're right on the costs. I just budgeted based on a US ski trip, but I forgot to take into account the exchange rate. For example, a lift ticket at the Remarkables is $58 NZ. That's around what a lot of the better resorts here in the US charge in American dollars. That $58NZ comes out to around $25-30 US so it's a hell of a deal, since that amount of money won't even get you a half day ticket at a local resort in the US!

The airfare is what's going to eat up most of it. I have checked pricing online and it's around $1,700 for the airfare alone, so I figure I'm getting the hotel for free from the travel agency.

I'm so pumped. Everyone else thinks I'm nuts going skiing in August, but I'm like, well, I get away from the heat and humidity and get to see a very pretty place. What else could I ask for? Okay, so the 20 hours in the air will suck, but there's always a price to pay, right?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us