The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Pension from prior employer Date:  7/14/2001  12:19 PM
Author:  uglierthenme Number:  30732 of 88499

You can roll-over into a IRA [regular or roth]. You can go through your former employer or decide who is going to handle it and they will mail you the paper work. Believe you have up to 60 days to make the switch. If you make it a Roth ,taxes would have to paid up front. Ask a advisor about the wisdom of that.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us