The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wanted-internet-stock-certificates-15371571.aspx

Subject:  Wanted: Internet Stock Certificates Date:  7/15/2001  1:25 AM
Author:  rickb200 Number:  7119 of 19483

Hi Everyone:

I am wondering if anyone on this board can help me. I am a collector of stock certificates (it's a hobby called "scripophily").

I have a couple of stock certificates from Internet companies in my possession (e.g. eToys, Webvan, DrKoop.com, etc.). Recently, I have been trying to find either a Pets.com or Garden.com stock certificate. So far, I have been unsuccessful in my search (by the way, my efforts to track down dot-com stock certificates recently got me mentioned in the Wall Street Journal!)

I am willing to purchase these stock certificates from anyone who has them (these companies are now defunct and depending on the number of shares owned, I may be willing to pay more than the current payout rate that will be distributed to shareholders).

I only want one or two certificates for my collection. I know the certificates are worthless to most people, but they are of historical interest to me.

If you know of anyone who has stock certificates from either
Pets.com or Garden.com, please ask them to contact me at
rickb@inforamp.net.

I would *really* appreciate any help that any of you can provide.

Thanks,

-Rick (rickb@inforamp.net)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us