The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: IRA to Annuity Date:  7/17/2001  3:33 PM
Author:  TMFPixy Number:  30794 of 88831

Greetings, Michelle, and welcome. You asked:

My father currently is on SS disability now but it does not meet their financial needs as it stands. If you include medical expenses, they are completely sunk. ANY suggestions? I am the oldest child and in diar need of assistance. We have the usual Power of Attorneys, Will, and Living Will. Please send me an email ( with any suggestions to help me out. I am at a complete loss on how to protect my parents financial future and still meet the medical needs of my father.

You have my deepest sympathies on the situation you are facing with your folks. I regret I have no suggestions for you. Unfortunately and most sadly, until assets are spent down to the level where your State's Medicaid program will kick in, there is no solution I see to the problem your mom and dad face. About the best I can offer is to suggest you consult with a local area elder care attorney who may be able to advise you on any further actions you may be able to take to help your parents.

I wish you well as you travel this difficult road.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us