The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/h-e-l-p-the-fools-15430052.aspx

Subject:  H E L P the FOOLs Date:  7/24/2001  12:19 AM
Author:  Peachy2001 Number:  46285 of 725899

Does it seem to bother most, or is it just me?

I'm getting a little concerned about all the banner ads and suggestions to sell books by the "TMF"Named individuals that frequent these boards. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE FOOL and their message boards.

Would everyone (who agrees of course) please recommend this post so that 'maybe' it will get the attention of the Fool staff? I'll post this message to a couple of my favorite boards so that those that agree can link over and recommend as well.

IDEA:
Current number of Fools: 3,000,000
Number who would pay $1/Month (12/year) to read the Fool minus the banner ads and book-pushing: Probably 50%
Revenue: $18,000,000/yr

I'd gladly pay today!!

This has to be a MUCH better way to make up the cost of running this site since most software companies are just now starting to realize that subscription service is the way to go since it guarantees a steady revenue stream (see Microsoft .NET and Hailstorm initiatives)

Plus, the added benefit would be that the Fool would not be in jeopardy of losing their rebel status "Of the People, For the People, By the People" that is slowly eroding with each banner ad.

H E L P!!!!
Please recommend and post the link to your favorite boards.

Thank you for your consideration.

Peachy
Live Long and Prosper(Longer)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us