The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Rollover IRA from non-US pension fund Date:  7/30/2001  11:34 AM
Author:  webby9999 Number:  31054 of 88511

I relocated to the US, from the UK, at the beginning of 2001 with my employer.
Prior to transferring I was paying into my employers pension plan. I have been trying to have these funds transferred into my 401K now that I am here in the USA.
My employer has now told me that this is not possible. So now I am investigating the opening of an IRA, into which I can transfer the funds from the UK.
I have established that I would need a CONDUIT (ROLLOVER) IRA in order to transfer the whole of the funds from the UK (greater than $2,000).
Does anyone know of any regulations that would prevent my rolling my UK fund into a US IRA?
Thanks for any help / assistance / advice,
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us