The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/greetings-chris-sooooo-fools-i-am-looking-for-15474344.aspx

Subject:  Re: Need Roth Investment Ideas Date:  7/30/2001  10:25 PM
Author:  jbking Number:  31065 of 75377

Greetings Chris,

Sooooo fools, I am looking for some suggestions on what fund family to get into and what funds to invest in. I am investing 100 dollars every month and plan on maxing it out at the end of the year. The current value of the Roth is about 6500. I have been looking at opening an account at Vanguard. Any other suggestions???

I'd likely say that another good fund family would be TIAA-CREF(www.tiaa-cref.com) that is also pretty good. Both companies though have at least a few good funds that you may want to look at. If you want some more oomph then I could suggest Janus, Oak Associates and PBHG for more aggressive fare and if you want a value tilt then Oakmark, Longleaf and Dodge & Cox come to mind but understand that these last fund families tend to each have their specialization and so it may take a couple of fund families to get the balance that comes more easily from a Fidelity, Vanguard, TIAA-CREF or T. Rowe Price.

FWIW, my Roth is with Vanguard in a couple of their funds.

Cheers,
JB
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us