The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: dependents Date:  8/13/2001  2:34 PM
Author:  pbpapa Number:  53298 of 127638

"I'm supporting my parents who're living in Canada. I would like to know which piece of information/paper work I should enclose/attach with my 2001 tax fillings to take benifits of tax deduction related to my parents/dependents"

You do not have to provide any extra paper with your return. Just be prepared to show that you are providing more than half their support. If you are single, you can file as head of household even tho your folks are not living with you.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us