The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  tax question Date:  8/13/2001  7:36 PM
Author:  ashish82 Number:  53310 of 127642


If I have bought 2 stocks A and B at prices 100$ each.

Say I sell A in one month's time (same FY) at 90$ -- loss = 10$.

Then I sell B after a couple of years at 110$.

Can I offset the loss realised from my earlier transaction ?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us