The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments


Subject:  Re: I Bond Fixed Rate--November, 2001 Date:  8/19/2001  7:28 PM
Author:  jennlgreen Number:  1999 of 36317

I have a EE bond that will mature in October and I was thinking about rolling it into an I bond. Is there anyway to do this without paying taxes on the gains from the EE bond? Also, can one buy an I bond through an IRA? I have one set up with a brokerage so I didn't think it was possible since you buy the bonds through your bank or directly from the Treasury.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us