The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments


Subject:  Re: I Bond Fixed Rate--November, 2001 Date:  8/19/2001  10:34 PM
Author:  Mark0Young Number:  2002 of 35576

I have a EE bond that will mature in October and I was thinking about rolling it into an I bond. Is there anyway to do this without paying taxes on the gains from the EE bond?

No--an EE cannot be rolled over to an I-Bond, so you would have to redeem the EE bond and then use cash to