The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/on-81201-jailleres-wrote-phil-i-looked-for-15602277.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tax Law Training Date:  8/20/2001  10:43 PM
Author:  RoseSmeller Number:  53473 of 121565

On 8/12/01, jailleres wrote:
Phil, I looked for the VITA info on www.irs.gov and www. aarp.org and found general info. In order to find out when courses for VITAs are offered in my area, I'll have to call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and wait on hold to ask for the IRS taxpayer education programs and then leave a voice mail for someone to call back when I'm not available. Or do you know a better way?

Did you ever find a short cut? My state had that same number to call (Virginia, non-Richmond). I got a long message about the $300 rebate and then the automatic phone menus. None of the options were "taxpayer education" or "VITA". I took what seemed closest at each level until I got down to where nothing was even remotely related, and then I gave up. I'll try again with some different guesses unless someone knows the secret code to at least get me to the correct voice mail.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us