The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fun & Games / Computer & Video Gamers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/if-you-enjoy-hack-and-slash-for-what-it-is--15639862.aspx

Subject:  Re: Goody for Rareware fans Date:  8/27/2001  11:50 AM
Author:  TMFPixpoo Number:  1337 of 37046

If you enjoy hack and slash for what it is - Gauntlet is a low budget Diablo. The variety isn't the gameplay but hacking your way through the eight worlds of five levels each and the final battle realm plus secret levels, legend items, runestones, and crystals. Yes, you will need to buy health and there is the endless searching for all the items but thats what Gauntlet has been and will always be about.

I think it's much like any other series - there is a familarity to playing the new addition - sort of mindless pleasure.

Do you think they have kept producing Halloween the movies since 1978 because they have an entirely new plot? - more likely there is a following that will be watching Halloween well into the next century - even though it's always the same story over and over.

I for one will continue to play the Gauntlet series.

To heck with 13 year olds, multiplayer mode and injuries --- my son and I (both well over 13) play and it's not without bumps, bruises, whines and temper tantrums!!!

Kathleen
(fan and follower of this classic)
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us