The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/got-it-thanks-so-technically-according-to-what-15678077.aspx

Subject:  Re: IRS sent refund now they want it back?? Date:  9/2/2001  7:07 PM
Author:  westla6025 Number:  53779 of 121061

Got it, thanks. So technically, according to what Phil said ... if I simply do nothing they have about another year in which they have to sue me to get the money back, and if they don't sue me within the next year they can never get it back. Hmm. It isn't often that you get a chance to give the IRS a taste of their own medicine. I'm definitely going to look into this and talk to a pro ... just wanted to get as much info as I can before I move forward. Thanks to everyone for the info and replies. Hmm if they sued me ... let's see ... House in my name? Nope. Cars in my name? Nope. Any assets to speak of in my name? Nope. Monthly income very low these days ... they might HAVE to settle for $100 a month for the next 13 years LOL. No way I can see them being able to charge me interest either. If I do have to pay interest I guess that changes things a bit LOL.

Just so no one gets the wrong idea ... I've paid more than my share of taxes ... trust me on that one.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us