The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-phil-marti-et-al-thanks-for-your-advice-15684688.aspx

Subject:  Re: Salaried & no-deductions = SOL? Date:  9/4/2001  11:58 AM
Author:  cIRCitmage Number:  53815 of 121594

Thank you Phil Marti et al,

Thanks for your advice ... I actually am eager to start of this next phase of "Life" ... I'm certainly not put off by the mow/shovel/fix/maintain aspects of owning a home (but talk to me after I buy a place) ... I just went location hunting (note: not house hunting) and I'm a little dejected ... basically I rent a very comfortable place ... have been there for 11+ years and thats the part that hurts ... kiss $72K goodbye ... its an 1hr 30 minute commute to NYC though ... commute in the morning is NP, but the commute back bites when all I want to do is be "home" ... I looked at places much closer to NYC and am staggered by how much what I consider decent places cost ... 600K+ for Stamford (Shippan area), Cos Cob, Rowayton, Darien, Noroton etc... Now I'm thinking that maybe the call is to buy a closet in NYC (for 300K+) and have the house "out in the country" for the weekends ... ouchamagoucha!!! ;-( ... will keep you apprised ... not excited about all this new debt coming on
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us