The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/while-as-the-owner-of-8-drips-with-a-focus-in-4-15691973.aspx

Subject:  Re: How Do You Know When to Stop?? Date:  9/5/2001  2:26 PM
Author:  irina39 Number:  20462 of 27821

While, as the owner of 8 drips with a focus in 4 -7 sectors, depending how you categorize them... I think GLSmyth had some very salient points regarding the amount of time to follow the co and ensure they were still following the directions which had you purchase then at the time ...

I think the most I personally can handle is 8-12. I am actually more than a little conflicted about this as I am VERY BULLISH right now on buying and investing when the traders are running for the hills...

Buy low sell high. Well, with some careful research, we have that opportunity right now. But I am not letting my contrarianism go to my head ... [its big enough already]

However, the crux for me right now is to stick with my strategy and buying criteria... which I feel gives me the opportunity to consider buying 4 more drips at the most ... for a total of 12 ...

Even with 8, keeping up with the news, mgmt chgs and decisions, financials, and competition is a challenge. Carefully consider how much time you truly have to give these drips the scruitiny your portfolio deserves ...

Monthly investment, no fees, value and growth and buy and hold [within reason] are where I lie. So right now I am researching the possible addition of WEN and BP ... both presently a little high priced IMHO, but they meet almost all criteria except price ...

Food for thought,

Irina
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us