The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Drip Investing - The Basics

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-to-all-of-you-for-the-very-informative-15692381.aspx

Subject:  Re: How Do You Know When to Stop?? Date:  9/5/2001  3:25 PM
Author:  Mardee1000 Number:  20463 of 27821

Thanks to all of you for the very informative responses. Yes, you all are right -- I need to sit down and actually plan my investments (what a concept!).

For the record, OB, I'm 46, so I have slightly less than 20 years till retirement. However, I'm planning on going to law school in the fall of 2002, so I need to make sure I have some cash available. Of course, I'll continue working full-time while in school, so I still have income coming in.

Anyway, I've printed out all the advice, including your articles, George (thanks for the links), and have blocked a time into my calendar to come up with a plan and a budget.

By the way, has anyone taken the Fool course on picking stocks -- I think it's called Find the Best Stocks for Your Portfolio? I just wondered if it was worth $44, or if I could figure it out on my own. Or does anyone have any tips for good BASIC guides to investing they'd like to share? I love to research, and have about 25-30 library books dealing with the subject on my kitchen table -- but I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed by them all, since I really don't know enough to know what advice is good and what is bad when it comes to picking stocks.

Mardee
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us