The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 1031 like kind exch. Date:  9/6/2001  3:48 PM
Author:  jailleres Number:  53895 of 127613

One small item: You have to be exchanging for property that is depreciable. If you are exchanging for vacant land, I think you would have to pay depreciation recapture no matter what your new basis is.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us