The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Birds of a Feather / Baby Boomers

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/chknyc-15746596.aspx

Subject:  chkNYC Date:  9/14/2001  6:54 PM
Author:  brianbrak Number:  33795 of 193100

Hello Christina from New Zealand

I posted a general message of sympathy and best wishes to the US on the New Zealand site and in particular mentioned you because I knew you worked in the Manhatten area. It then occured to me that I might find out about your well-being by searching your name and I'm so please to hear you are OK.

I guess this is a token gesture, but my wife and I have been talking about how difficult it is for us, being so far away, to do anything effective to help you guys and incidentally my wife comes from Nova Scotia so you are close to her home. We have concluded that in the short term anyway, to let you guys know that you have friends thinking about you from even the farthest and smallest corners of the world, we might help you to pick yourselves up and help carry the burden of what the future you will ask you to bear.

I posted one of my favorite quotes on the current affairs post and I'll repeat it hear:

When you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, stride down and light the bastard yourself!

Please pass on our thoughts to your friends and especially to those you must know who have lost family and friends.

Brian and Fiona

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us