The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/congrats-i-actually-have-a-good-opinion-of-15785727.aspx

Subject:  Re: Happy Dance Date:  9/21/2001  10:44 AM
Author:  devbost Number:  91620 of 308881

Congrats!

I actually have a good opinion of Household as far as CC companies go, since I had a really positive experience with one of their customer service reps a while back. I basically forgot that my payment was due to them and tried to make a quick e-payment the night before the due date. It told me that it couldn't process it in time, since they need two business days to access the money from my bank. I knew about the two-day rule, and so it was totally my fault. Hating the thought of a $25 late fee, I called them up to see what I could do. The rep told me she could do a phone transfer which would get the money there in time, but it would cost $12. When I asked if there was any way I could do the e-payment and have her put down a note so that it wouldn't be counted as late, she told me that the following day was her day off, but there was something that she needed to be in the office for the next day, and she would wave her magic wand for me and make it happen. A few days later, I checked, and she was as good as her word. So there you have it: a rare instance of excellent CC company customer service!

-Devin
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us