The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Conferences, Tradeshows, Etc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-per-your-showid-recommend-you-contact-15886849.aspx

Subject:  Re: Folk Fest art show in Atlanta Date:  10/8/2001  4:42 PM
Author:  Pflmingo Number:  113 of 117

AS per your show...I'd recommend you contact Sunshine Artists which has an audit book that rates almost every show in America. I'd also recommend contacting the Crafts Report, which is a newspaper type publication that most artists and crafts people subscribe to. However as one who was a potter and sculptor for almost 20 years before changing careers, I'd take all these reports with a grain of salt. The reality is, that what might be a GREAT show for myself, is a show that you would die at. Factors include what that area is into in the way of folk art, price points of affordability compared with the average fair goer there. So, knowing how many people attend does not really translate into actual usable knowledge in most cases.

Your best bet based on my experience is targeted mailings to your clients inviting them to the show.

Sherwood Martinelli
BPG Mortgage Corp www.bpgmortgagecorp.com
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us