The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-kind-of-cookware-do-you-use-do-you-have-any-15938199.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  10/16/2001  9:02 PM
Author:  PlankTonic Number:  1381 of 21258

What kind of cookware do you use? Do you have any hints, techniques, or suggestions for using it effectively?

Anything with Teflon- particularly saute and fry pans.

One of the most important things I have- other than the microwave and the toaster-broiler oven with broiler pan, rack, cookie sheet and pizza plate sized particularly for the T/B oven... is an electric knife sharpener- a stand alone unit. Marvelous, marvelous invention. I rarely use it but I am so pleased when I do. Whenever I go elsewhere.. a friend's home, - and the knives are dull- it frustrates me no end... I used to have dull kitchen knives, too..for years.

Usually, the one on the back of the can opener doesn't do the trick, a whetstone is usually too much trouble and effort. A couple of passes on each side of the blade with the standalone sharpener.. and I'm good for months at slicing ripe tomatoes, thin onions, and strips of raw meat.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us