The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / The Gestalt of Cooking

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-chuck-welcome-to-the-gestalt-board-always-15939313.aspx

Subject:  Re: What's cookin'? Date:  10/17/2001  12:48 AM
Author:  ngg Number:  1382 of 21259

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to the Gestalt board! Always glad to have new thoughts and ideas from creative cooks here, and I hope you'll like the conversations here enough to stick around and share yours.

I really prefer to try to "taste out" the recipe while I'm at a restaurant...

DH and I have been known to do this on more than one occasion, and have added some wonderful dishes to our (well, okay, his) repertoire. One example that comes to mind was a salad we ordered when out for an anniversary dinner. It was the best, and only remarkable, thing we ordered that night, featuring grilled pears, pecans, red onions and a delicious maple balsamic vinagrette dressing. We found ourselves analyzing it as we enjoyed it, and were able to recreate it quite satisfactorily in our own kitchen a few days later. We've adapted the concept to include other grilled fruits, like peaches and nectarines, too.

Again, glad to have you on board. (And thanks, Ravyn, for being the ad hoc welcoming committee!)

Cori

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us