The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: New to the US- How can I avoid tax? Date:  10/19/2001  8:22 PM
Author:  Hyperborea Number:  54717 of 127753

You really need to make sure that you have cut sufficient ties to Canada to be considered a non-resident for taxation. (For you Americans, Canadians and citizens of most other countries do NOT have to pay tax to the country of their citizenship unless they are residing in that country) You can check out the information at The site is that of a US/Canada tax accountant. I haven't used his services but the site is very informative. You could also use the web board at which has a lot of other Canucks discussing visa, tax, and other related issues.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us