The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Home sale gain exclusion Date:  10/22/2001  8:04 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  54760 of 127549

if they qualify under the reasons they moved.

To qualify for a reduced exclusion, a move can't be just any move. The move has to be due to a "change of place of employment." I'm not sure a move due to retirement would qualify as a change in place of employment.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us