The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanx-for-the-response-and-sorry-about-the-caps-16148439.aspx

Subject:  Re: bond fund vs balanced fund??? Date:  11/20/2001  10:24 PM
Author:  amanda1357 Number:  2462 of 35345

Thanx for the response and sorry about the caps. I'm talking about a taxable bond fund. I guess I feel that bonds would balance my portfolio. I want something I can leave my money in for the long run and not have to check it out each day as I do with my equities.

How ever, I keep reading that if you're not already in the bond market you've missed the boat because it's time to get out. But is this true for people who want to be in for the long term?

I originally thought about going into a balanced fund because it has some stocks. But then I thought, I already have some of the stocks in the fund and would rather be more divirsified.

P.S. I agree that I will make mistakes, and have, but the fund I'm in does not allow for switching in and out of funds at the drop of a hat. In fact, as I understand it, if you do it too often they won't take your order over the phone, it has to be in writing.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us