The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Capital Gains and State Income Taxes Date:  12/4/2001  12:56 AM
Author:  ptsurmr Number:  55706 of 127513

jailleres writes (in part):
To ramble on - I found a state tax voucher I can use to prepay my NM taxes on the state website. I am also calculating my federal taxes this month so I know where I really will stand on April 15th. I tried to find tax software for 2001 but it won't come out till January, I called my accountant and asked if he could do my federal taxes early so I'd be sure how much I need to pay the state but he said his software for 2001 wouldn't be ready till January, so I'm using an Excel spreadsheet and doublechecking my entries.

If I understand you correctly, you would like a tax software program, available now, that can calculate your Fed taxes. If this is correct, then you might like to know that Kiplinger TaxCut for tax year 2001 is available now. You can buy and download directly from The $24.95 includes state software too, when available

Just wanted to save you from unnecessary (and perhaps error prone) custom Excel work

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us