The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-money-market-account-is-a-good-idea-i-hadnt-16259889.aspx

Subject:  Re: Roth distribution question??? Help please Date:  12/11/2001  10:12 AM
Author:  virginiadawg34 Number:  32796 of 76418

The money market account is a good idea. I hadn't thought about that.

I have several other retirment accounts and just before I was laid off, I had almost cleared out my savings to pay down the bulk of my credit card debt. This is the only account I can feasably access. I have several other rollover accounts etc that would incurs penalty's on redemption.

I was on an AMI plan, JANUS, and have discontinued the payments. It kills me to stop, but I just don't have the cash. I don't think I will need the money, but I need to have it available in case of an emergency (i.e. my car which I was just about to replace, breaking down)

I hate to take the loss more than anything. I do itemize but I would prefer the market to come back :-) just like everyone. I did get burned with Janus by not realizing how much cross investing all of the different plans had. I am trying to clean that up now and this is just a first step.

Pat

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us