The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/this-board-tends-to-see-a-few-regulars-who-are-16374268.aspx

Subject:  Re: Recs on this board Date:  1/1/2002  4:31 PM
Author:  CABob Number:  33015 of 75383

This board tends to see:

- a few regulars who are usually knowledgable and post often, usually with answers to questions
- a lot of people who pop in for one or two questions and then vanish
- not a whole lot of lurkers

For instance, when the tax reform law passed, Pixy wrote an article, and it was referred to. We didn't discuss it back and forth.

So by its nature, the board doesn't promote the type of behavior that generates rec's.

I tend to agree with your first 2 points but am not sure about the third. I think there may be more lurkers than you might think. I believe this to be one of the "higher class" boards with a number of very knowledgeable and informative regular posters either initiatiating a thread or responding with helpeful information. And I agree that probably the nature of the board does not promote rec's.
But in lieu of many rec's I could have given to many posters on this board let me just give a BIG THANKS to many things I have learned here.
And if you think that rec's are a direct measure of the quality of the post --- take a trip over to the Gimmie my Stars, and Gimmie my Rec's boards.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us