The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing Books / Benchmark Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-jack-ive-discontinued-my-website-when-i-was-16374692.aspx

Subject:  Re: DJIA BI Candidates Date:  1/1/2002  5:45 PM
Author:  minisimon Number:  3206 of 5987

Hi Jack,

I've discontinued my website.

When I was maintaining the website, I still had to perform all of the calculations and track all of the Dow stocks in Excel (the spreadsheets were the source for all of the numbers that I posted on my website). So I was double-entering data for each stock each week. I was able to do the data entry on the spreadsheets and on the website when the pool of stocks that I tracked was only confined to the DJIA.

But I've since started tracking the S&P 100 as well, and something had to give, so the website went the way of the dodo bird.

As a compromise, though, I'm planning on posting the 10 most undervalued BI candidates (DJIA + S&P 100) each week on this board beginning in February (I haven't finished entering all of the data for S&P 100 stocks yet). These posts will contain the same data that I included on my website (Current Price, Downside Price, Upside Price, Relative Price, Upside Potential, and Earnings Growth Bogey) for both 5- and 10-year time frames. I think this will be a nice complement to the great weekly posts that Lee Lackey is doing.

Also, as you probably know from reading the posts over the past couple of days, AA is the only DJIA company trading below its downside price (albeit barely), using 2002 as the current year.

Mike
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us