The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: DRIP in a Roth? Date:  1/7/2002  5:56 PM
Author:  jrr7 Number:  33149 of 88780

A traditional DRIP is administered by the company (or their registered agent). It's completely separate from another account.

Very few companies/agents are set up to allow for DRIP IRAs. Do note that you can find a list of them by searching at
There were 23 when I just searched.

You could set up a DRIP within an IRA, but the broker will probably charge more fees than it's worth.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us