The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: DRIP in a Roth? Date:  1/8/2002  1:24 PM
Author:  rkmacdonald Number:  33166 of 88494

Author: jrr7 Date: 1/7/02 5:56 PM Number: 33149
A traditional DRIP is administered by the company (or their registered agent). It's completely separate from another account.

Very few companies/agents are set up to allow for DRIP IRAs. Do note that you can find a list of them by searching at
There were 23 when I just searched.

You could set up a DRIP within an IRA, but the broker will probably charge more fees than it's worth.

FWIW, E*Trade at offers free dividend reinvestment for up to 30 stocks owned in any account. I use this service in my IRA with them.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us