The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Joint account with my Dad Date:  1/8/2002  10:57 PM
Author:  pmarti Number:  56939 of 127546

Thanks for any insite you can give.

You can't legally pretend that your father's income is yours, no matter what side arrangements you make. If he want's to hide assets from your mother he should see a lawyer and leave you out of it. A trust that she doesn't know anything about could do whatever it wanted, file its own tax returns, and use a PO Box.

You must not be a lit major. Find one and ask what fiction tells us about the exploits of couples who hide things from each other. And to the people who get in the middle.

Phil Marti
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us