The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Tax on sale of Grandma's home Date:  1/9/2002  11:30 AM
Author:  skain Number:  56963 of 127611

Thanks for you response.

The mortgage is with a bank. She could no longer afford the property after my Grandfather passed and I stepped up to support her. She is now moving to a senior citizen home.

Can I maybe claim her as a Dependent and have the home treated as primary residence for a Dependent?

If I must treat this a capital gains, is the tax implication similar to capital gains on stock?

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us