The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Speaker's Corner / FrozenCanuck's FiberHead Friends

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/anyhow-i-am-considering-investing-in-williams-16442692.aspx

Subject:  Re: Happy New Year/Williams Communication Group Date:  1/11/2002  9:01 AM
Author:  DirtyDingus Number:  2567 of 2606

Anyhow, I am considering investing in Williams, and they claim that their labs, sorry technology farm, provides extremely effective evaluation of technologies on the market, enabling them to get the best out of available companies/technologies. Has anyone got any experience/knowledge that would back up that claim? Are Williams Communications especially smart when it comes to buying fiber based equipment?

Well I have a (very small) punt on WCG. Not done that well so far but at least its still trading unlike some of its competitors. On the whole I'd say they have done a good job at selling the bandwidth they have and building a decent multivendor network.

So a somewhat medium opinion.

DD
PS I'm unlikely to remain up to date in this field as I'm now a plain old user and have little requirement to know about the latest optical stuff...
Copyright 1996-2017 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us