The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Education Deductability Date:  1/19/2002  9:35 PM
Author:  cookedstock Number:  57379 of 127616

When I was hired they told me that I would need to complete some coursework to obtain my treasurer's license, so that I could at some point move from asst. to the treasurer... I will eventually become the school's treasurer when the current one retires. It does not really change what I do as far as day to day operations. Just once I become a treasurer I will get a nice increase in sal and benefits.

Any thoughts as to if this helps the deductibility.

I guess, if I don't get the license, they won't keep me around as the assistant because I will be of no use to them? But, they did tell me that when I was hired I would beed to complete the coursework required.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us