The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  457 rollover Date:  1/28/2002  5:01 PM
Author:  RGOLDPET Number:  7724 of 20604

Pixy, I thought it would be easy to direct the plan administrator to send the rest of a series of payments to an IRA without witholding any taxes. Today I recieved a letter from The Hartford (supposedly in the forefront of administering 457 plans) that states "sorry but payments from fixed annuities of any length are irrevocable. They did offer to send the net after tax payments to Vanguard. Would this be the same as contributing the net to an IRA? From your previous help on this issue it seems that I can send in the payments to an IRA myself. My tax guy is researching this but I would like to hear your ideas. Thanks Ralph.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us