The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thank-you-for-ten-years-and-counting-16587164.aspx

Subject:  Thank you for ten years and counting. Date:  1/29/2002  11:03 PM
Author:  TMFDavidG Number:  23268 of 89996

==
NOTE: I'm using this post to bring together comments responding to numerous questions from people I've read over the past 24 hours -- 24 hours, by the way (perhaps for reasons you'll see below), that have been among my most rewarding since the founding of our company. Thank you all.
==

We notice a tendency among many to think "this is the beginning of the end." That was their reaction after each of our layoffs, after our introduction of TMF Money Advisor, and now with our introduction of the Fool Community as a premium service. That was their reaction long ago when we pulled up our stakes and left the AOL service, with our band of some few thousands -- just thousands, back then -- of Fools in tow. We understand that many will continue to think such things for a while, probably, given the carnage they've seen elsewhere.

However, perhaps in time those same people may eventually consider why The Motley Fool never went public in the first place when everyone else and his left-handed third cousin did -- what that might say about The Motley Fool. They may notice in time that the company is not just still around, now in its tenth year of operations, but in fact thriving to the extent something