The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-know-you-are-not-stupid-so-maybe-you-are-just-16590638.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thank you for ten years and counting. Date:  1/30/2002  10:57 AM
Author:  ANiceChap Number:  23395 of 89030

I know you are not stupid, so maybe you are just deluded. This community is so special that you are cutting it off at the knees. You will probably get many people who will pay to continue to play, but you will get almost no new members. No one is going to pay for an unknown commodity and a month is not enough time to get to know this community. Many who have been here will quit posting. I suspect most lurkers will leave. As you get fewer posts, the value of sticking around will decline.

Your 'community' may survive another 10 years, but it will be a shadow of what it could have been. I realize you have to pay for your servers and bandwidth and personnel somehow, but don't claim you are doing this to make this community stronger. The only excuse is that you can't afford to support the infrastructure that has developed here without charging for it. Either you are lying to us or you are in financial trouble.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us