The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-decided-i-needed-to-put-in-my-two-cents-worth-at-16599958.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thank you for ten years and counting. Date:  1/31/2002  7:56 AM
Author:  mwlowe Number:  23600 of 88988

I decided I needed to put in my two cents worth at this point....

I've been a Fool for several years (since the AOL days)... I have bought several of the books, I purchased the annual Industry Focus again this year and actually felt confident enough to actually purchase two of the stocks mentioned in the report and I read the boards semi regularly (2-3 times a month). My style tends to be buy and forgot for at least a year. Some of my stocks arent doing great (LU bought at $70, EK bought at $65), some are doing great or did great until I sold (AOL which is one of the first stocks I purchased at a split adjusted cost of $11.09 is still up 138%, BAC currently up BBY sold at +55%,XOM sold at +15% and IP sold at +20% and these numbers dont include any dividends), so I dont post much unless I have something I think needs to be asked or commented on.

This post is to those "older" Fools who have been around since the AOL days and are thinking of leaving...Did you buy AOL because of TMF? Do you still have that stock and if not did you sell it for a profit?? If you answered YES to either then pay back the Fool by becoming a Charter Member and say thanks for some of the best investment advice of the last decade.

MWLOWE

ps I have an email from the TMF which I havent had a chance to read yet so I dont know if I got a free year yet.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us