The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-david-i-must-say-i-was-surprised-to-learn-16609831.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thank you for ten years and counting. Date:  2/1/2002  6:57 AM
Author:  badsin Number:  23789 of 88953

Hi David - I must say I was surprised to learn that fees aren't a major factor in your revenue projections. What I didn't get from your post was - WHY then is fees a major strategic decision for the Fool. Yes, I read - and re-read - your last couple of paras to make sure I wasn't just being the dumFool that I am. Is there some new strategy that you haven't shared - or is this about culling the list of Fools to 'improve quality'? Is this about consumer psychology that 'free' and 'quality' are not synonymous ( with apologies to the 'linux droids')? And I totally subscribe to that - I know many examples of the premium value of being 'premium'.

Methinks you are being somewhat mysterious on the subject of your strategic imperatives - "we will have additional resources to build it into something even bigger and better" - would you mind sharing more of your future Foolvision with us - what does 'bigger and better' mean? Maybe that would help some of those departing rethink their decision?

Also, in the spirit of community, what about allowing those who subscribe to 'sponsor' one poster each - maybe for just 6 months - could be one of their current favorite Fools - or could be a newcomer. This 'Friend gets a friend' works very well elsewhere in (a) enabling trials (b) ensuring quality of newcomers (c) strengthening community ownership and involvement. Maybe you could even reward the sponsor with some bonus months's membership - or Foolperks - or whatever?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us