The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/the-reason-this-is-a-major-strategic-decision-for-16615690.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thank you for ten years and counting. Date:  2/1/2002  5:38 PM
Author:  fcarlson Number:  23906 of 88997

The reason this is a major strategic decision for us, even though it won't be a big revenue line on our income statement this year, is because we have created an incentive to serve this community by making it profitable to do so. While I'm not going to lay out here all the ways we'll use our new resources to make Fool Community you're second-favorite one to real life, known and beloved worldwide -- especially since many of those ideas will emerge over the course of time -- I hope you can see better why this major decision which does indeed involve significant risk was the right decision for everyone involved.

David,
I do agree that you are taking a significant risk. Personally, I see this is a "you bet the company" decision. It will remain to be seen if this was the right decision. I think there is a 50/50 chance that this thing will die because of this. The free boards are a loss leader that is critical to keep your site afloat IMO.

Good Luck

V/R
FRC
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us