The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / Improve the Fool

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jim-i-do-not-see-anything-strange-about-it-at-16621065.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thank you for ten years and counting. Date:  2/2/2002  2:12 PM
Author:  TRGarner Number:  24022 of 89145

Jim:

I do not see anything strange about it at all. The spirit of TMF is to get the best value for free, and they are cutting it off at the knees (to borrow a phrase), sure people will stick around, but when I live on one board, it the majority departs, I'm not willing to stick around.

I don't pay for MSN groups, Y! groups, the 100's of LISTSERV groups that I'm subscribed to, so WHY would I pay?

I believe that TMF has become misguided regardless of the business plan, it worked for AOl sure, but this isn't an ISP, this is a message group. I can find the same information, same quality elsewhere and for free.

Sure I'll miss TMF, but I will not miss shelling out $30 for it. I can use that money to purchase stocks, which I don't use a broker for, or shall we all start paying for brokers, maybe TMF can create a brokerage firm, and charge for the pleasure and stability of using that service?

Seems great, again, it may work for AOL, and it will work here, but it will NOT be the same.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us