The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/good-luck-with-everything-out-of-curiosity-why-16637150.aspx

Subject:  Re: Update Date:  2/4/2002  11:47 PM
Author:  maureenkaplan Number:  110530 of 308689

Good luck with everything! Out of curiosity, why does he say you owe him $50k? Have a good one!

He inherited money.
I purchased stock with that money (it was "ours" he said, very forcefully), but purchased more than I had agreed I would. I was following my judgement. He still owns the stock, but it has dropped in value. He wants me to pay him back, because I had agreed not to spend that money. It wasn't *nice* of me, but he did similar things to me (although his agreements were in emotional arenas. He hit me where it hurt, I did the same to him... ::sigh::) He feels that I have a responsibility to him to pay it back. (I can see his point of view; on the other hand, after I decided I wanted a divorce, he became close to several of my long-term friends, against our explicit agreement. He only began to see taht I consider that to be damaging to an equal extent when I started to refer to some of them as "interest". A ridiculous analogy, in some ways, but it got through to him.)

Maureen

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us