The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: What credits are carryovers? Date:  2/13/2002  9:36 PM
Author:  edcosoft Number:  58958 of 127519

Without researching it, get a form 3800 and instructions, and 8801 and instructions and the specific form and/or instructions for the particular credit you're interested in. Most of them carry forward, some even go back ( or used to). The Gov plays with these so much it's hard to remember which do what and what they will offset, and what year that that changed (it will change again in 2002 and may change back again). I know low income housing, elect vehicle, sec 29, foreign tax, DC homebuyer and AMT all will carry forwarded. If you have credits you should study up on what they will do or they may be worthless to you. ed
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us