The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: CA Non-resident income tax Date:  2/15/2002  9:59 PM
Author:  ptheland Number:  59006 of 127642


Make sure you are using a CA form 540NR - not the regular form 540. You use the same form for either part-year residence or non-residence. You will find that is uses Ira's method (2). You report all of your income from every state, then take a percentage based on how much income is taxable to CA.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us